Monday, September 14, 2015

Caleb has arrived

I received this email from Caleb's family yesterday.

Caleb has arrived in Mexico and here is what he has to say ...



September 13, 2015



   I arrived at the orphanage in Guadalajara a few nights ago. The first night was rough because Hilario, the orphanage director lives elsewhere with his family, so I am pretty much the only English speaker here besides one boy who speaks a little English, which I am grateful for. There are 52 boys and girls here, but they don't interact much between the genders. Both the boys and girls are very nice to me as we are trying to work through the language barrier and teach each other a new language. 

    In the United States I did not realize how much I took for granted. Such as: having parents; a house to come home to every night, and everything else. The kids don't have much, they share all their clothes and shoes with each other and eat most meals with one adult leader and myself now. The food here is bearable, but I can't 
wait till I can have my mom’s food again. 

     Please pray for me because although I am learning much, I am struggling to learn Spanish as fast as I'd like to. Also, I start teaching English on Monday the 14th and ask you to pray that I will be able to effectively teach the kids. 

    Sincerely, Caleb

1 comment: