Monday, September 21, 2015

The providence of a missed flight

Hi.  This is Dave.  I am helping Caleb with this blog.  From time to time, I will share some reflections of Caleb's Journey as his activities are passed onto me.  But for the most part, I will let Caleb's journey be told in his own words.

I saw Caleb's Dad  at church the  Sunday after Caleb left for Mexico.  His  parents told  me that Caleb had missed his initial flight on Thursday and had to take the next one.  .

Here  is part  of a text about Caleb's seatmate on his rescheduled flight

"I am seated w a missionary from Mexico.  He disciples church planters.  He grew up in an orphanage in Mexico until he was 13. Kinda Cool"



Stop and think about that.  Caleb who was on his way to be a short term missionary in Mexico and will be living at an orphanage there.  He misses a flight only to be seated next to the perfect person to encourage him in the endeavor he's beginning.

Kinda cool is quite the understatement.

Caleb is doing well in his initial weeks in Mexico from all reports and hopefully we will be seeing another report from him soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment