Sunday, September 27, 2015

Three Weeks in Mexico

Hi friends,

I want to thank you for all the support you have given me. I am fully funded now due to your generous support. I have been here for just over two weeks and I am trying to pick up Spanish as fast as possible. My schedule is pretty relaxed as the people here don't adhere to a fixed schedule. In the morning, I usually tutor two, eight year old children in Spanish and Math. Then in the afternoon, I teach English to 15-20 boys. It's taken me a while to figure out how to teach them effectively because their ages range from 8-16 years old and I can’t go too fast or too slow.  I am learning that they learn best with kinetic movements and games.

Hilario is the coordinator for the state of Jalisco, México for Operation Christmas Child- a ministry of Samaritan's Purse that distributes shoe boxes filled with Christmas presents for the children and provides a 12-week discipleship program. I am privileged to go with Hilario and the leadership team on Saturdays around Jalisco to train and equip teachers for the discipleship program. Last week we went to Jocotepec, and traveled through Chapala. It was absolutely gorgeous! I will be posting more about Operation Christmas Child in the weeks to come. Hope you are all doing well, and I will update you again soon!

D.Caleb Knottnerus


No comments:

Post a Comment