Saturday, October 10, 2015

One month and Week in Mexico

Over the past month, I have gotten used to the culture in Mexico and I am able to communicate in Spanish, but I have been sick a lot because the weather is so different. Most days, I feel like I am doing a lot to help the kids with English, math, and general needs; however, at times I feel like I can do more.

I found out that I may be going to Puerto Vallarta and live at the new orphanage,  that Fundacion Emmanuel is opening up later this month. I am excited about this because I’ll be splitting time between each of the orphanages, meaning a month or two at each of the locations until I leave. Also, I’ll get to see a little bit more of Mexico and see the ocean for the first time (and maybe even get my first tan). I’m so white the kids call me “American pan,” which means American bread. 
One of the boys completes his chores for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment