Friday, April 29, 2016

Change

Greetings from Mexico,

Change is always hard, but many times it is best. I left the Orphanage back in March and God has provided other amazing ministry opportunities in Mexico. When I was thinking about moving from there I started praying that God would show me if I was supposed to leave or stay at the Foundation. In the following two weeks, I was offered three places to live and three places to work. Ultimately, I chose to work at two schools, which fit perfectly in line with my schedule and are within walking distance of the place where I now live. At one school, I teach gym class and at the other I am a mentor, essentially teaching a Bible study at the middle school level. It was one of those times where you could see God's answering prayer in real time. I am happy to say that I am thriving with these changes and able to attend and be involved in church also. 

My time here in Mexico is winding down but I still have a few things to do such as return to the orphanage in Puerto Vallarta, and it will be refreshing to visit the family who is running it. I am so grateful for them as they have been one of the biggest encouragements to me over the past months. 

I leave Mexico on May 16th for Denver to visit my sister and help her drive back to Chicago for my little sister's graduation party. I am looking forward to sharing with you more about this missions trip to Mexico over the past 10 months.

Sincerely,
Caleb

No comments:

Post a Comment